Echo of a crime

I went to bed rather early last night because I've been lacking on sleep for the past nights. But I was awakened by the noise of what seemed to be multiple gunshots. My heart was pounding and my ears were throbbing. I was almost hyperventilating. Images of the Maguindanao massacre came into my mind. As the election draws nearer, the more frightened I get. I observed for a while, trying to keep calm. I was scared I was going to have a heart attack, I swear. I was trying hard to wake up and evaluate the sounds. I peeped outside the window, and fortunately saw some fireworks. I tried hard to remember the date, but I couldn't figure out what could be so special on January 8. It could be a wedding or a birthday celebration. Whatever it was, I was just thankful. I could only imagine how the people in Maguindanao feel when they hear those kinds of sounds. I could only hope they recover from the trauma.

0 made some churva :: Echo of a crime

Post a Comment