Halting the rushaholic

As I write this, Chu is already fast asleep. But I check on her every 15 minutes. I skipped work today because when I arrived from school last night, I found out that she had a slight fever. So, starting this morning, I've been giving her Dolan FP every six hours. So far, the fever goes away everytime she takes it. Unfortunately, and almost precisely, the fever comes back after the 6th hour. I am really worried because she also said that her throat hurts. At the height of the H1N1 flu scare, who wouldn't worry?

For the past months, I have been very busy at work. And for a while I've forgotten why I am working. I've been so busy maintaining my momentum. Until today. This morning, while preparing Chu's breakfast, I realized how much I missed her. Yes, I help her prepare for school every morning, but I think I fall short on giving her the tender loving care she deserves. So today, I gave her that. And I promised myself to do it every single day. After all, she's the reason why I hold on to my job, so there's no way she should rank second to it.

0 made some churva :: Halting the rushaholic

Post a Comment