We're moving!

For the third time since 2003, we are again moving to another apartment. The reason: the current unit we're occupying is kind of crumbling. Actually, literally, it is. I was once awaken by a thud which came from a part of the ceiling that fell off. The ceiling, by the way is made of cement. This is how the ceiling looks minus the fallen piece:
That's in the bedroom. But the living room's ceiling also looks like that. Plus, there are cracks on all the walls. Yes, on ALL of them. Plus plus, the paint inside the house is peeling off. Plus plus plus, the wooden ceiling of the bathroom seems to be hanging by a thread.

The paint peeling off

The bathroom ceiling
After 3 weekends of scouting for the perfect home, I've finally settled for the 2-bedroom, 2-storey apartment that will cost me quite a fortune. Well, fortune is relative. But yes, the new home will be more expensive. Really, really expensive. The rent is almost double, the location is farther from commercial areas, and the water is supplied by the landlord at about five times the rate of Manila Water. But then again, the family's safety shouldn't be compromised, right?

Now, I have to think of and implement ways on how to cut on other costs. I'll probably get a cheaper internet service. No one will use the toilet flush. We grew up on tabo after all. I will probably buy the cheapest milk for myself. That is, if I won't give it up altogether. I'll probably give up on my specialty diet and go back to eating rice and ulam.
No more malling on weekends, no more "I love this" purchases. Everytime I want to buy something, I'll ask myself first, "do I really NEED this?" (thank God I saw the movie "The Confessions of a Shopaholic"). Graduate studies will also have to take the backseat for now. I think I also have to go back to working on oDesk.

Oh, the things we sacrifice for family...

0 made some churva :: We're moving!

Post a Comment